Muskegon Made can help students explore career options and make well-informed career choices through internship work experiences.
How They Work
Students: In an INTERNSHIP a student is temporarily placed at a work site for a defined period of time (generally a semester) to participate in and observe work within an industry in which they are interested.
Employers: This is an excellent way to help a student determine if the industry and the profession is the best career option to follow before they invest a lot of time and money in training and education. Internships can be paid or unpaid, depending on the employer. The internship must provide a minimum of 4 hours per week, but is not to exceed 24 hours a week. Employers work with Career Specialists to set up a training agreement to help support student learning and growth.
How To Apply
Students interested in learning more about an internship experience can complete an Internship: Student Request Form and submit it your high school counseling office.
Benefits of Internships for Employers
- Excellent interns build a pipeline for future talent in your company
- Students come with a lot of energy and motivation and bring fresh ideas with new perspectives
- Today's youth are resourceful and skilled with technology and social media
- Internship students are hard-working, dedicated and helpful
- Support projects or tasks you're struggling to complete
- Students are supported by Career Specialists who will partner with you